Members of the at J&S Automotive staff team have been raising money for some very good causes during the past four weeks by taking part in Movember 2019. 10 members of staff have been growing a ‘Mo’ throughout the month, while others have completed sponsored running events and held a cake sale.
All funds raised through the Movember activities are going towards groundbreaking work in prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
The automotive world is something of a male dominated industry and the J&S team felt it was important to put the spotlight on men’s health issues and raise money for prevention charities.
Some of the concerning facts behind the Movember initiative are:
- On average men die 3.5 years younger than women in Ireland and the UK.
- Each year, more than 500 men die by suicide in Ireland, an issue that is especially concerning in the motor trade.
- Men account for 8 in 10 suicides in Ireland.
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer amongst men in Ireland.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men.
The J&S Automotive team have been playing their part in raising men’s health awareness issues in November and have also raised significant money for some great causes. If you would like to make a donation please go to the link below. All donations are greatly appreciated.